Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Wind in our Kites


So here I am, trying to blog, and I admit my blogging style is slightly less polished and well-prepared as my Mum's. Some of that is probably due to the fact that I seriously spend 9-12 hours 5 days a week studying, and lately half of that study time has been intense and (supposedly) polished writing. I'm sick of it. So that's why this is not so spiffy.

I just want to write down some thoughts and prayers, in hopes that perhaps some of you out there share them. I want to encourage you, as best I can, to be listening to the Lord, and working with what He gives you.

As Christians in the Western World, we have a very uncomfortable task in front of us. Most of us have too much stuff, too much money, too much busy-ness and panic. Honestly I believe our hectic schedules and love of stuff (even if it's not boats and cars, but maybe stuff as in 'me time' and chocolate cake) is our worst enemy. This morning at church some people were talking about the opposition that comes from the devil when the work of the Lord is happening in the church. God's biggest enemy doesn't like it when people are turning to Jesus. Except here's the problem: Look around you! Where is the opposition? Where is the persecution? My friends, kites need blustery winds to push them higher in the sky. Is there uncomfortable wind in the kite of your faith to keep it humble?

I have no idea if this makes any sense to you, but I trust that to those who the Lord wants to speak to about this urgency in our culture, you will get it. Brothers, sisters, this is urgent! People need Jesus! There needs to be a resurgence of real, committed prayer and growth! There needs to be real humility and a willingness to stand up for truth and against evil, wherever it may be, and whatever the consequence.

I challenge you to today to be living the Life Christ called us to.

"The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance." 2 Pet. 3:9

Tell me... what are you doing today to reward the Lord's patience? Where is the church? Where is your prayer? Your humility? Your exuberance? ... and to bring it home, where is mine?

In Christ,
A fellow traveler,
Sheila

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Wonderful post! Less polished? PishPosh - it's great! Too much clutter in our lives makes it hard to serve and love the Lord with our whole heart, soul, mind and strength. May the wind lift our kites up high!